Seems these days I am constantly working to create recipes for clients that are gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and egg-free. So many people deal with serious allergies, food intolerances or health problems and as a result are required to eliminate these foods.
I LOVE being able to provide people with delicious food that they can get excited about without worrying if it’s compatible with their diet.
This is a quick & fun dip to make for a party, the Super Bowl, or just for yourself! This also happens to be awesome baked on top of salmon (spread a thin layer across top) or use to coat chicken breast and bake it to create a creamy chicken artichoke dinner.
Dairy-free, nut-free, vegetarian, vegan and paleo friendly, it is sure to satisfy any crowd!
- 1 ½ oz basil leaves
- 1 cup frozen kale
- 6 oz artichoke hearts
- ½ avocado
- 8 oz sunchokes, diced (or substitute chopped cauliflower)
- 1 Tbl avocado or coconut oil for roasting
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbl lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Optional Additions:
- 1 tsp garlic powder and/or 1 tsp cumin for a roasted warm flavor
- ¼ cup coconut milk for creaminess
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roast your sunchokes or cauliflower, drizzled with 1 Tbl avocado or coconut oil, until soft, about 15- 20 mins
- While those are roasting, add your basil, kale and artichoke hearts to a food processor.
- Blend until resembles a chunky paste.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice and salt (along with any optiona spices you may add).
- Pulse to combine.
- When sunchokes/cauliflower are soft, add to processor, blend until dip is fairly smooth.
- Add coconut milk if using.
- Season with more salt if desired.
- Serve with veggies chips or crudite.