I make this granola a few days before I am going to travel anywhere, and it ends up being a great snack on the plane. I also make this for personal chef clients who need breakfast or snack options- so far it’s a hit!
Not only is this recipe really simple, it is gluten-free and grain-free. If you wanted to make a nut-free version, just substitute the 1/2 cup nuts for an additional 1/2 cup of seeds.
- ½ cup dried fruit (try raisins, cranberries, gogi berries, or blueberries)
- ¾ cup seeds, raw (pumpkin and sunflower)
- ½ cup chopped nuts, raw
- ¼ cup dried unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup cacao nibs, optional
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 1 Tbl coconut oil
- 1 Tbl honey or maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients except coconut oil and honey in a mixing bowl.
- Combine coconut oil and honey in a small pot and heat gently over low heat until melted.
- Pour the oil–honey mixture over the other ingredients and stir well to evenly coat.
- It is optional at this point to toast the granola. This will bring out a nice warm toasted flavor but is not necessary.
- If toasting: heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spread granola mixture out on a baking pan and toast for 10 minutes.
- Stir mixture around on pan and then toast for another 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in a glass jar.