A flavor-rich, healthy and quick sauce that is a wonderful marinade on chicken, seafood or lamb. I also love to use this as a dipping sauce for steak, or for a number of other things, it’s that yummy! It also brings out the bright, fresh flavors of summer herbs, and as you will see in the recipe, I encourage you to play around with your own mix of fresh herbs.
Recently, I used it on my Spatchcock Chicken recipe, and just so you know this sauce is dairy-free, gluten-free, and Whole30-compliant. It cam be Autoimmune Protocol friendly as well, just be sure not to use the optional addition of cumin or paprika.
- 1 well-packed cup of fresh herbs: I suggest using a mixture of basil, parsley, cilantro and scallion
- 4 cloves garlic
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Red Boat fish sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- Optional Additions:
- Add fresh mint if cooking lamb
- 1 shallot
- 1 Tbl fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Blend all ingredients in a blender, then chill until ready to use.
- Can be stored in fridge for 3 days, just stir to recombine when ready to use.